We have provided a series of keyboard shortcuts intended to help users who have difficulty in using pointing devices such as a mouse.
The UK Government accesskeys standard has been partially implemented on this site:
S - Skip navigation
1 - Home page
3 - Site map
0 - Access key details
The following additional accesskeys are also used on this site:
Access keys have been supported by Internet Explorer since version 4 and by Netscape since version 6. Older browsers do not support access keys and will just ignore them.
Depending on your browser type use one of the following:
Windows In general, press the "Alt" key and the relevant access key.
Microsoft Internet Explorer version 4
Press "Alt" and the relevant number/letter at the same time
Microsoft Internet Explorer version 5 or 6
Press "Alt" and the relevant number/letter, then press the "Enter" key
Netscape version 6 or later, or Mozilla
Press "Alt" and the relevant number/letter at the same time.
Apple Macintosh Press the "Ctrl" key and the relevant access key.
- The site uses relative font sizes that can be changed to suit your preference
using the "text size" option of your browser.
- All pages are laid out using Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).
- If the style sheets are not used, the content of each page is still
- None of the content is dependent on colour alone.
- All images contain an alt attribute to provide a description of the
- Link names are written so they make sense when read out of context.